Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ten Days Away...

Happy Hump Day! I first want to say that I have been watching the weather back home and it's hard to watch bad storms coming into the South and me not be there with my family.  I am praying for everyone back home during these storms and all the time.  Hopefully things will get better over the next couple of weeks.  They do say April showers bring May flowers!

We had to leave our humble abode in the beach community we live in regularly for ten days and move out to another place in a different beach town (hard life I know) called Pedasi.  I have written about Pedasi before, but we have never spent as much time out there as we have this time around.  We continued to do school everyday and would finish up around 1 pm and then we filled our time with fishing, beach, boogie boarding, surfing, dance parties, and eating some good food.  It was beautiful out there and we really had an amazing time.  Below you will see a picture of a bonfire we made one night...amazing!


After school, Leslie and I would walk about a two mile venture through the gravel roads that lead out to a beach area.  Before you get on the beach though you are on a cliff overlooking some spectacular views (I meant to take pictures of these views and we will hopefully be going back so I can take some to share with you guys.)  You then have to make your way down the cliffs and then have to rock climb (if the tide is high) or a combination of rock climbing and beach walking (low tide).  One day when we walked, the tide was so high it was crashing on the rocks that we were climbing on and we would have to time it perfectly and run from rock to rock as the water was receding.  This was so fun and was also a great workout.  It really is so different exercising outdoors and I hope to continue being able to get out of the gym and do some more things outside even when I get back to the States.  It has been proven that people who exercise outdoors exercise longer and are healthier.

There was also a HUGE surf competition at the hotel that I have previously written about.  There were some of the best surfers in Latin America there (one of our friends actually won the long board competition).  We spent a couple days going over there and watching surfers catch waves through the binoculars :) and hanging out.  It was such a cool experience and one that I will never forget.  I love the atmosphere there and the attitude of the people there.  They are so laid back and like I have said before just doing what they enjoy most...surfing and loving life. Here are some pictures from the competition.

 This is where the judges were located and where the surfers would leave from to head out to the water.
 There were a lot more people on Friday and Saturday...I think I took this pic on Thursday.

This is the bohio that I was telling you about in the first Pedasi post.

Another afternoon was spent fishing and I caught my third fish in Panama (no picture folks I'm sorry, but there is a video)!  We spent about three hours out on the boat and had NO LUCK.  We were about to call it a day when both lines off the back of the boat caught, we caught two of the same fish that must have been in a school.  They were a pretty good size and were really yummy!  :)  Along with catching two fish, we watched a beautiful sunset and those pictures are below.


Where we stay is right on the beach and there is NO ONE on the beach.  It's like out private beach area.  Except for these guys one day.  Leslie and I were sitting in our beach chairs taking in some rays and I look up and see this thing on the beach.  At first, I thought it was a dog and then said that dog is huge.  :)  I then saw a heard of them coming and realized they were cows.  :)  They proceeded to get a little closer and so we decided to run to the water because they wouldn't come in the water or at least we hoped not.  They ended up walking up and down the beach for about 15 minutes and then made there way back towards where they came from.  At least it is safe to say that the only cows on the beach are the actual cows and not humans...  :)  Here are some pictures of cows on the beach...

 The cows are by the rocks figuring out that they can't cross.

 Here they come...

That's me out in the water...Leslie was taking these photos.

Lastly, one afternoon a little baby bird flew into the house and could not figure out how to get out.  His little heart was beating so fast and he was beginning to panic.  He was so cute and I had to get a picture of him.

He's so cute!

Here is an inspirational quote that was sent to me yesterday through my daily devotional by email and was perfect for some things that my Mom and I were talking about the night before on Skype.

"When we are weak, we can still be strong.  When we're under the greatest stress and facing the greatest challenges, it may be the best day of our lives, for God is working to make us into the people he wants us to be."

Alrighty then, I think that's it for now.  Hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.