Sunday, April 24, 2011

How Great Thou Art

I'm back from our 10 day time away.  I woke up this morning a little sad that I wouldn't be able to be with my family on Easter and do all the traditional things that I have always taken for granted.  :)  I talked with my grandparents last night on Skype and my grandmother (Mama) was cooking away getting ready for today's lunch.  My family had the usual plans of going to church, eating a fabulous lunch, and spending time together.  This is the first time that I have EVER been away from that.  It makes me sad, but also allows me to see how precious time is with family and that you should never take those things for granted. 

When I woke up this morning I reached for my Bible and began reading the last sections of Matthew, Mark, and Luke.  I am going to be completely honest, I am a person who trusts God's word and I try to look for understanding in all that I read and study, but I have always been a little confused wanted to know more and curious about what the meaning of Easter is and Passover and Palm Sunday.  My family will be laughing right now as they read this because they know EVERY Easter we have a conversation and they ask me questions and I answer and they all laugh because I can get confused.  :)  Well this morning I wanted to read for myself and try to get a firm understanding on it all.  I will also honestly say that my spiritual curiosity was sparked about a year ago and that some things are new to me.  I find myself sometimes wondering things and then I will turn to my Bible and read for myself.  I am thankful for the knowledge of many family members and friends that have helped me to better understand the Bible and God's word.  :)

I was on facebook last night and saw this video that a friend had posted on her status.  I was moved to tears and have to share with everyone.  Let me know what you think.  :) 



Words can not describe how I feel when I watch this...it's truly amazing!  I hope everyone has a fabulous day and a Happy Easter! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great post :) His Word is LIVING and ACTIVE in our lives!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.