Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fresh Fish Anyone?

We have gone to Pedasi around four or five times since I have been here.  The second to last trip we took was so great!  We enjoyed the beach and ocean (which was around 70 degrees!), we took in the beautiful sunsets, star gazed (many shooting stars out), built bonfires, and also had a few spiders and scorpions to take care of too, oh and we saw a howler monkey.  I really enjoy being out there (for short periods of time) because it feels like you get back to the basics of life.

One of the days we were in Pedasi we went fishing.  I was so excited because I've been out fishing before, but not like what we were going to do.  Many people don't think that I'm a very good fit to be in the outdoors, but I really enjoy it.  I could hardly sleep the night before, I know that's a little crazy, but I was so excited to be out on the water, in the sun, doing something I love.  I am definitely a coastal girl at heart.  I love doing anything that involves water and sun, especially salt water.  Being by the coast and smelling the smells and hearing the sounds, just completes me, and I get my fix of the coast when I'm home through my annual subscription to Coastal Living magazine that I get as a Christmas gift every year thanks to my Dede!  :)  Enough of that...I think you've gotten the point.     

Back to fishing.  We geared up with coolers, sunscreens, hats, kids, etc and went to our friends bed and breakfast.   This is where we loaded onto a little ponga boat and boated out to the bigger boat.  It was time to fish!  We went out and just trolled a couple miles off shore (we had a boat full of kids so it was easier to stay closer to shore, and it was good that we did because one of the kiddos was almost sea sick).  We were out for about three hours and caught all sorts of fish: snapper, corvina, two barracuda, and some other ones I forgot the name of. :)  I caught a little snapper and the corvina that you see in the picture.  It was such a great time.  After we got done fishing, we refreshed ourselves at a LOCAL, and I mean local, bar and ate a true Panamanian meal.  It was truly a day of living the Panamanian lifestyle.  :)

We are leaving for Pedasi tomorrow for ten days, so I'm hoping to have a couple other things to share with you when we get back.  I hope we have internet out there, but you never know...it's Panama!  I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and weekend and I look forward to posting again soon!

 Me with my first fish caught, a corvina...we fixed it up that night with some lemon and garlic on the grill.  YUM!
 This is the view from the house where we stay while we are there.
 Beautiful day to be out on the water
 Our fresh catches for the day
 At a local bar with my favorite beer...haha!
 Where we ate our local fare consisting of fresh fried chicken, rice, and plantains
Bar

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!  Have a great day!  Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just found an email you sent me awhile ago. Sorry. It didn't have a return email attached to it so I couldn't respond. Thanks for your sweet words about my booth and product!

    ♥ april

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.