Friday, April 8, 2011

Bird's Flying High...

I named this post for one of my favorite artist, Michael Buble...this is a line from one of his songs.  :)  But this post is about my favorite bird here where we live.

Matthew 6:26-27 "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

This verse fits my blog for today because it is about one of the most simplest things on earth...birds.  This verse discusses the importance of trusting our Heavenly Father in providing the things we need in life.  I constantly remind myself of this because I can sometimes be a control freak, but am trying to let go of certain things and trust that things will be taken care of.

I have enjoyed watching all of the wildlife here in Panama and birds make up a HUGE part of that wildlife.  Birds are so interesting to me and it is more interesting to observe what they do and how they live.  We have a nest near our pool in the back yard and everyday I watch the mommy and daddy bird bring food back to their little babies.  It blows my mind that these creatures can have the same instincts as humans when it comes to taking care of their young.  It brings me so much happiness to watch these simple things in life.

When I walk to the gym every morning or we are on the mule (our gas powered golf cart on steroids, I didn't want you to think we actually rode a mule)  :) going to the beach or pool we always would pass by these amazing little black birds with these beautiful orange beaks.  They would hang out by the lakes we have here in the community and when we travel on the back paths the birds can be startled and begin to make these noises as if they are talking to us saying we are disturbing them and please leave us alone.  Now the noises that they make aren't just any kind of bird chirps, these are similar noises that you hear your female relatives make during the holidays when things aren't going according to plan...  :)  It's almost like a barking...(sorry ladies, it's really the only comparison I have...it makes me laugh every time I hear these birds)

I just fell in love with them and began to notice that when they would take flight the beautiful yellow coloring they would have in their wings.  You do not see this yellow color when they are standing normally, but only when they are in flight and that is so amazing to me.  It surprised me the first time I saw it.  They are these simple little creatures and then when they fly so much beauty is shown.  I love that about them.  I researched them online and think I found what their name is...northern jacana.  Not sure how to pronounce their name or even what significance that may have, but just knowing a little bit about what I'm enjoying makes me smile.  :)

 Here is a picture I took today of my favorite bird, the northern jacana. 
 This picture doesn't come close to showing you the beautiful colors on this tree.
Another pic of my bird.
Hope everyone had a Fantastic Friday and have wonderful plans for a relaxing weekend!  We do!!  The boys are gone on a trip and we are enjoying some quiet girl time here!  :)  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.