Monday, April 25, 2011

Book Worm

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend and a great Easter!  I had a nice relaxing day by the pool reading my Nicholas Sparks book, A Bend in the Road.  My Grandparents turned me on to his books and has become one of my favorite authors.  Once I begin one it's hard to put it down.



While I was away for ten days I kept my time busy and read a fantastic book named Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah.  This is the first book I have ever read by her and it was so great.  I downloaded this book to my Nook before I left home in January and two others of hers as well (that I have not read yet).  Like Nicholas Sparks' writing, she is easy to read and you really get to know the characters in the book.  Firefly Lane is about two girls who become best friends and the book goes through their 30 year friendship.  It had me thinking about all of my friends and our relationships and how exciting it is to keep in touch and see what life brings.  I highly recommend this book for a great summer read!



While being here in Panama I have read some other amazing books.  I have NEVER had time to just sit and read.  I promised myself that after I finished my Master's and had more down time I would get into reading.  I really enjoy it and have found that it can be a great escape from everyday life.  :)  Some other books that I recommend are below:

 Read this one twice while I've been in Panama!  Loved it more than the movie!



 As you can see I am a HUGE fan of Nicholas Spark's books!  :)

 Started on the second Twilight book and became hooked!  These were great!!

Has anyone read any of these books?  What did you think about them?  Are there any books that you can recommend to me? 

Thanks for letting me share my book recommendations.  ALL of these books are so fabulous and I hope you read a few and enjoy them as much as I did!  :)  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love Nicholas Sparks as well- Loved "the wedding" and "the notebook" and many others. Try reading "The Shack" that was a good one i read last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! I will def. have to get that one and read it this summer.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.