Thursday, April 28, 2011

Getting Better With Age

Happy Thursday!  I am continuing to pray and think about EVERYONE in the South, especially in Alabama.  I have been watching some amazing videos of tornadoes from yesterday and can not believe what I'm seeing.  I hope everyone is doing okay.

Last night we had a little thunder storm here and it was beautiful.  We have not had rain in a while due to the dry season (which runs December to around May) and it was so nice and refreshing to get a little last night.  When it began raining, I realized the kids were jumping on the trampoline next door and I made a bee line for that thing!  Has anyone jumped on a trampoline as an adult?  It may be one of the best things!  :)  If you haven't, I highly recommend it. 

When I think about everything that I have been enjoying lately it makes me laugh because most of them are so simple and things that I would not have dared to do 5 years ago.  Simple things such as playing in the waves, jumping on trampolines, riding bikes, playing in the rain, playing in the sprinklers...it's almost like I'm regressing back to childhood, but I just like to look at it as enjoying life!  Spending time in Panama has been difficult, but has also done wonders for my well being and I can honestly say that it is because of spending time with these kids.  They have shown me to not take life too seriously and to enjoy even the simplest things.  I can only hope and pray that I continue to live my life like that even when I get home and if anyone sees that I'm getting too wrapped up in adult life please send me a message or pull me aside and say, "Nicole, just go jump on a trampoline!"  :) 


Here she is!

I hope everyone has a great day today!  Only 5 more weeks and I'm home!  WOO HOO!!  I'm going to leave you with some words of wisdom!  :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

"Age doesn't matter, unless of course you are a cheese."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.