Monday, May 16, 2011

I Dare You!

Hi everyone!!  It has been awhile since I have posted due to us being out of town for a week.  I am glad to be back in Buenaventura and can't believe I have only 2 weeks left here in Panama!

I wanted to write today about things that have been shared with me over the last couple of months that I think are amazing!  To start off with I want everyone to know that I am single as single can be and have never been happier in my life.  I have had some great relationships in the past and have come to learn that those people were in my life for certain reasons, but God didn't want me to be with those particular people for an extended amount of time.  I have spent the last year, being single, and allowing my relationship with God to grow.  He has become the most important Man in my life and I'm comforted just knowing that someone will come into my life when He is ready.  :)  Now with that said, I want to share with you that most of my friends are in serious relationships or married and it has been amazing to see these relationships grow and be there for my friends during the hard times and also during the amazing times!  I talk with one of my best friends, Danielle, all the time about relationships and with her being married and me being single it amazes me at how well we can communicate about this particular subject.  Danielle has shared some great things with me, one in particular is from the church she attends.  While being here in Panama I have missed my church from back home so much, but it has been nice to see sermons on the internet from Danielle's church in Charlotte.  Her church is called Elevation and right now they are doing a particular series on relationships called Mr. and Mrs. Betterhalf.  I am going to post the link below for anyone who wants to check it out.  They are in their third week of the series and it is awesome!  Let me know what you think if you do check it out.

Mr. and Mrs. Betterhalf 

A few months back, while I was at the gym watching HBO, trying to get through my cardio, a movie came on (which is my favorite because then I don't realize how long I've actually been working out).  :)  Anyway, the name of the movie was Fireproof.  I think there are many people who are familiar with this movie, but if you are not then you definitely need to watch it.  I was really into the book that is used in the movie, and even though I am not married or in a relationship myself I think that this was such a great thing.  I found on another young lady's blog the actual book that is used in the movie.  The book is called The Love Dare and it is a year long devotional type book that uses positive thinking as a way of coming together to strengthen and appreciate your relationship again.   I hope that you will watch the movie and even think about the book and possibly taking The Love Dare.


Now I know you are probably wondering, why is Nicole writing about relationship issues when she is single.  Well to tell you the truth I have always enjoyed reading about relationships and I think that it is great for me to study and read about things whether they pertain to being single or in relationships to get a clear view and idea about what I want for my future.  I am no way trying to tell people how to run their relationships, because believe me I have had many fail, but I did want to share these great things with everyone so that they could use them if need be.  :)

I hope everyone has a great Monday!  And please feel free to share any other things that may have helped you get through hard times whether single or not!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Fireproof is such a great movie! I am in an amazing marriage but Jesus Christ is the number one priority in my life! Relationships must be grounded in Him! Great post! I love reading your blog! I am excited about the direction of your life and your relationships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ash!! It is great to know I have amazing family and friends like you who help keep me focused on the right direction! Can't wait to see you when I get home!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.