Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Alright, it's been a couple of weeks since I have written and time has been going so fast because I've been so busy and having fun!!

The weekend of Megan and Brett's wedding was amazing!  I had such a great time spending time with everyone and it is just so awesome to me how two groups of friends can get together and have such a great time...it never fails!  It is sad to me though, because this was the last Tri-Delta/Farmhouse wedding.  :(  I guess that means we will all just have to get together without celebrating wedding festivities!  :)  Here are just a few pics from the weekend!

 All of us beautiful ladies right before the ceremony!

 Tri-Deltas!

More beautiful ladies at the reception.


Mr. and Mrs. Brett Johnson!

Last week I was able to catch up with some girlfriends for dinner.  It was great being able to cook dinner with them and catching up on everything.  Girl time is so crucial and I'm so blessed with amazing friendships.  To me, there's nothing better!  I have been in and out of relationships, all of us have gone through some hard times, and those girls have been there every step of the way.  :)

This past Sunday, we went the Braves game to celebrate a friend's birthday!  I LOVE going to Braves games even though EVERY time I go they lose!!  I swear if the Braves could pay me a million dollars to NEVER go to another game, I think I would take that offer up because then they might not lose so often (HAHA!).

This week I subbed yesterday for the first half of the day for a Kindergarten class and then today I'm heading to a 3rd grade class around 11:00.  I'm excited about going into different rooms and just being back in the classroom!  Since I have spent most of my time in first grade it is exciting to go into different grades because I think I would really like to teach 3-5 grade.  :)  I guess we will see how it goes!  I also have an interview this afternoon for a possible after-school nanny position.  Which would be great if it works with my sub schedule!

I also have been helping Mom with her Pre-K the last couple of weeks.  She moved classrooms and her new classroom is so much bigger and such a great space.  It was nice to have a week to de-clutter and go through boxes and get everything ready.  She started school this past Monday so wish her luck with her new kiddies!

I think that is all the new news on what has been happening in my life.  I promised that I would share the recipe for some Mint Chocolate Chip cookies.  These were so amazing and I'm making them for Katie and Ryan's House Warming Party this weekend!!  YUM!!

There are so easy to make and so delicious!!

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
6 to 8 drops green food color
1 egg
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips (like Andes Candies)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks. 2. Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. 3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

YUM YUM!

Last thing to share...Mom and I are selling Thirty One bags now! We have bought so many that we had to sign ourselves up to help people host parties.  Katie is hosting a party this Saturday before their House Warming Party.  Please check out the website and if you are interested in ordering anything or hosting a party (which is so easy) just contact me!  These bags are so cute!  Check out the catalog!  If you order in August you will get 15% off your entire order!  :)

Fall/Winter Catalog

Alright, I think that's all!!  I hope everyone has a great day!  Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.