Monday, June 20, 2011

FIELDTRIP #1

Ok my blogging friends...let me explain one of the most amazing things about having summers off...besides being able to go to the pool and enjoy time with family and friends...it's going on fieldtrips around town and GA!!!  :)  Now when I say fieldtrips I am talking about me, my mom, and my grandparents, who I call Mama and Dede (I will refer to them as that from now on...so get used to it!)  :) going on outings to all different places around our hometown and Atlanta.  Over the last few summers we have gone to Stone Mountain (to climb and to watch the laser show), rode on the new rental car transit from the airport to the rental car place (haha!), Zoo Atlanta, Braves games, and probably some other things that I forgot about.

Last Tuesday we went to the Cyclorama, which is next door to Zoo Atlanta, and might have been one of the most AMAZING things I have EVER seen!!  For those of you who aren't familiar with the Cyclorama it is the world's largest oil painting and is a painting depicting a scene from the Civil War.  I have grown up watching Gone with the Wind every Sunday and being taught history about the Civil War and have always had a little bit of a fascination with it...thanks to my Momma. :)  I am not going to share ANY information about the Cyclorama with you because I want you to go see it for yourself!  You will not be disappointed and will have gained some good Southern knowledge while doing so!  :)




Just imagine wearing these WOOL outfits in the middle of July...HOT (literally...haha!!)!!! 


 
After we left the Cyclorama we went to one of mine and my Mom's favorite restaurants, Mary Macs Tea Room.  This is such a great place that I think everyone needs to go try.  They have DELICIOUS Southern food and the BEST pot licker you could ever have!  If you tell them that it is your first time eating there they will give you a sample of their cracklin' corn bread and pot licker!  YUMMY!  :)



We had such a great day gaining Civil War knowledge and eating yummy Southern food!  I hope everyone had a great day!  I am going to post some recipes tomorrow for some Cherry Walnut Muffins and Chicken Tomato and Basil Pasta!  YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.