Thursday, June 23, 2011

Auburn Fieldtrip!!

Happy Hump Day!  :)

I know I told you that I would share two recipes with you today, but I decided to share my fieldtrip from yesterday!  :)

My Mom and I decided to head to Auburn to take a look at the trees, try to get to the athletic museum, and grab some lunch.  I missed Auburn so much while in Panama and miss it even being just an hour away.  I am thankful that I am only an hour away so I can get there often and especially during football season.

As soon as I get off the exit at Auburn I feel like I'm at home.  I'm  not sure if this is a "normal" feeling for other Auburn alum, but I just love the way I feel when I'm there.  We headed to lunch at my all time favorite restaurant in Auburn and one that I miss sooo much, Amsterdams!  YUM!!  I had an amazing Cobb Salad that ended up being one of the best salads I'd ever had!

After lunch, we headed to Toomer's Corner so that I could see what the trees looked like.  They were very sad looking, but it was neat to see that I wasn't the only one out there taking pics.  While I was taking pics of the trees we saw a group of people walking with a tour guide and realized it was a Camp War Eagle group.  My Mom kept reminiscing about when her and Rick brought me to Camp War Eagle and my college years!  I can't believe that it will be four years this year that I have been graduated!  It seems like yesterday that I was in Auburn enjoying friends and having a great time!   

We left Toomer's Corner and headed to the Athletic Department Building to see the Coaches Trophy and check out the Athletic Museum.  My family gives me a hard time for living in the dorms for two years on "The Hill" and never getting to the Athletic Museum (which was like two blocks away).  I just never thought that was important while I was there, and I usually had something else to do...plus you sometimes don't appreciate things until you are away from them!  Anyway, we got there and Coach Troop walked us to the door!  It was neat to see him!!  My Mom was in the bathroom and heard it when she got out how upset I was because I wanted my pic taken with him!  But it was still cool to see him and talk to him for a few minutes!  :)  I found out that the Athletic Museum is no longer in that building, it is at the new Arena and that the Coaches Trophy is there at the Athletic Building.  There were people taking professional pics of the trophy so I couldn't go in the room to see it.  I did see it through the window and it was MAGNIFICENT!!!  I still can't believe we won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!  So exciting!!

Here are my pics that I took on my Mom's iPhone.  We had such a great day and how could we not when we were in Auburn!!  :)  WAR EAGLE!


WOO HOO!!


This picture makes me so sad!  
It is going to be crazy to not be able to roll the trees after winning this football season!

This is the big tree at Toomer's...you can see if you split the picture down the middle how sad the right side of the tree looks.  It broke my heart to see them in person!





I was really excited about how these pictures turned out!  I am far from a photographer, but because my Mom's phone is so awesome these pics come out great!  I may be obsessed with the Instagram App!  :)

WAR EAGLE!!

1 comment:

  1. love the pictures Nicole!! Instagram is the shiz. Mallory Barnett

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone taking the time and visiting and reading my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. But if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.